Thank you for taking a look at my blog. If you like it, please follow me :)

Friday 21 June 2013

The procrastinating beauty blogger tag

Rules: 

1. You must copy and paste these "rules" onto your post when you write it, it doesn't take long! 
2. You must state that this tag was created by "the Beau Bow" link www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com 
3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post (link their blog as well) follow them if you're feeling nice!, and then at the end of your post stare who you tag, and then comment on their blog on their latest post to them know you tagged them, and link your post so they can see what to do. 
4. Title this post "the procrastinating beauty blogger TAG" so everyone knows what it is about. 
5. Have fun!

Thank you to my friend keeley for tagging me in this! You can find her at http://thebestofmeicanpossiblybe.blogspot.co.uk 

1. name a beauty regime that you rarely do? 

BLOW DRYING MY HAIR! I don't even know where to start with this one! It is most definitely not something I enjoy. It just takes so long! I have a LOT of hair and although a lot of you may see that as a blessing, trust me, it isn't. Whenever I attempt to blow dry my hair I can guarantee you that by the end of the mammoth task I am near enough melting into the floor with a mound of what is apparently blow dried hair on my head and that just isn't the kind of look I'm going for I'm afraid. Although a blow dry is part of most peoples daily routine I really do treat it like one of those "special occasion" things, like when you give yourself a face mask or when you have to do "the big shave" on your legs. (another thing I hate.)

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something that you do regularly?

Washing my brushes is something that I like to think I do regularly when in actual fact I probably leave most of my brushes until they are almost ready to take themselves off for a wash. I try to wash my foundation brushes regularly because I find they can get a bit clogged and gross and I do spot clean my other brushes. I do believe though that I seem to spot clean them as a way to avoid actually washing them.. It's just too much effort! "ain't nobody got time for dat"

3. How long will you last with chipped nails? 

This is where one of my worst habits comes to light. Once my nail varnish is slightly chipped I can't help but just peel the rest off! I don't know what it is about it but it's definitely something I find far more satisfying than I probably should. So the answer to this question is all of about two minutes. 

4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it? 

This is a situation I very rarely find myself in. As a self confessed makeup addict I buy a LOT of makeup, but so that I don't buy makeup that I don't "need" I will buy things that I may already own. For example, I will buy a bronzer knowing full well I have one at home but I convince myself it's okay, it's there as a back up. This means that I have a box full of unopened products that are apparently "back ups" and are "necessary." I suppose this really does mean I have a problem... 

5. What is your worst beauty habit? 

Foundation is where my worst habit lies. If I have bought a new foundation and I find that it is too dark I will do everything in my power to make it lighter just to avoid going out and buying another in the correct colour. This may involve mixing it with a foundation that is far too pale, applying heaps of powder or my best yet, a little bit of talc on my face. Yes you read that right, I have put talc on my face. (In all fairness I was going out and didn't have any other options but still.) I also have a second bad beauty habit. If I find I've gone a bit heavy on the blusher or bronzer and look at myself I realise I'm resembling the joker I don't wipe it off. Oh no... that's just not the done thing! You see, what you need to do is use your powder brush and some face powder to kind of buff it? Then you can apply more or a different blush/bronzer if needed and you're good to go! (I don't know if this actually works but it manages to convince me that I look acceptable but this is coming from a girl that has put talc on her face.) 

6. Name something non beauty related that you put off doing all the time? 

This ones easy. Making my bed. You know when you've taken your dirty sheets off and put them in the wash and then you have to attempt to re-make your bed? Yeah, I hate that. I will avoid putting the clean sheets on just until I'm about to get into bed. Don't ask me why because I don't know but for some reason I find it is just something I dread!

7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute?

Getting ready is actually one of the few parts of my life where I am SUPER organised. If you've come here from keeley's blog http://thebestofmeicanpossiblybe.blogspot.co.uk then you will already be aware that when I get ready it is like a military operation. Right now I couldn't be a better example of this as I am currently sitting doing this tag as I have gotten ready nearly two and a half hours earlier than I probably should have. I often find myself sat waiting to leave to go somewhere. Even more so when I'm with keeley. I'd describe how she gets ready in stages, she really takes her time, has a little rest between getting dressed and doing her hair... It looks quite leisurely really. Whereas when I get ready I do everything I need to do in the time I have allocated myself and perform one task straight after another.

8. Can you commit to spending bans?

NO. THE BIGGEST, FATTEST, LONGEST, LOUDEST NO HUMAN KIND HAS EVER EXPERIENCED. There are just too many nice things out there!

9. How organised is your makeup and nail polish collections?

At this moment in time, very but that's because I've just performed "the big sort out" in my room. Usually different items of makeup are splayed everywhere and none of it makes any sense and then every morning whilst getting ready this leads me to start questioning my life. "why aren't I tidy?" "why do I lose everything?" blah blah blah. Since sorting out my room my makeup collection has been re-organised into the drawers I bought with the intention of keeping makeup in them and is therefore INCREDIBLY organised. Once drawer for face, one for eyes, and one for lips with all of the products stored neatly inside.

These are the drawers I keep my makeup in. Top is face, middle eyes and bottom lips. I keep my brushes on top in a pencil pot and I also keep things like fix+ and brush cleanser on top. I keep my palettes in a letter organiser and the box underneath is a soap and glory gift set box and I use this to keep hair tools in. All of this is kept by my mirror :) 

My nail varnish is currently stored in some jars. I did have it all in a train case and it was, believe it or not, organised by colour. Yes i really do have that much time on my hands... But since I've gained so much nail varnish over the years it no longer all fits in the case so I've had to start keeping it in jars. This is quite handy though, I just throw them in and it doesn't matter. It also makes a nice decoration. :)

These are the jars i use to keep my nail varnishes in. They're from Ikea.

This is where the jars are usually kept. I kind of use them as a bit of decoration in my room :)

After doing this tag I have to say, I have come to realise exactly how many problems I really do have... Maybe the name of this tag should be changed? hahaha

I TAG lauren from lauren's little blogs :) laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
xxx



5 comments:

  1. I love this tag, haha! Mind if I do it and I'll mention you as someone who tagged me? Also, I'm going to follow your blog because I like your sense of humour! Everyone dreads the big shave ;)

    popsicolaxoxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you can!!! I'll take a look at yours when it's done so let me know!!! Xxx

      Delete