Thank you for taking a look at my blog. If you like it, please follow me :)

Monday 24 June 2013

Perfect pamper products!

So last night I decided to give myself a little pamper night and I thought it might be nice to show you what I like to use when I do this :)
I like to run myself a nice warm bath and whilst this is running I remove all of my make up. I then like to light a candle or two and add some bubbles to my bath.

This is a candle I've been loving! This is Yankee candle's "vanilla cupcake" candle and it smells exactly like cupcakes! (just as you'd expect I guess.)

To add bubbles to my bath I like to use the lush bubble bars. This is one from their christmas collection that smells exactly like the snow fairy/godmother soap. If you don't know about these soaps they have a very sweet, sugary, candy floss kind of scent. It comes on a wand so you just swish it around in your bath to make bubbles! (pretending to have magic powers whilst doing this is completely optional but I like to think it just isn't the same otherwise.)

Once I'm in the bath I wash my hair and then I like to apply a hair mask. 
At the minute this has been one of my favourite hair treatments. This is soap and glory's "glad hair day" treatment. Like everything else soap and glory, it smells AMAZING.
Whilst this is doing it's job I choose a face mask to apply. 
This is a sample I received in a glossy box and I will definitely be purchasing the full size once it has run out! This is the Murad "clarifying mask" in type 2. Words can't describe how amazing this is. If you have oily/combination skin like me this is a must have.

If I don't choose the murad face mask I will opt for one of these ones which are great! They're really cheap (about 3 for £1) and you can get different scents, peel off ones or wash off ones and they all do different things. 
Once I'm all masked up I make a start on my body. For some reason when I'm having a pamper night I feel its more essential to exfoliate than ever so I do that first. 
I like to use soap and glory's "breakfast scrub." This stuff is incredible it smells like toffee!!!

By the time I've done this it's usually time to wash off my hair and face mask. 
This face scrub is great for getting rid of any dry skin and leaves your face silky smooth! It can also be used as a face mask :)

I then like to give myself a good clean and get out and apply some body butter :) 
The combination of these two from soap and glory's sugar crush range have quickly become two of my favourite things of all time. Like most soap and glory products they work amazingly well and they smell incredible! They don't have the usually soap and glory smell. They have a lime scent but it is a very sweet, sugary lime scent. If you're ever in a boots that sell soap and glory I highly recommend you go and have a sniff. But be warned, you will become hooked.

Sometimes I like to treat myself to a little extra... 
If I feel like adding a little extra something I like to use the lush vanilla puff. This is essentially just talc but it smells like vanilla. It has a real vanilla pod in the bottle too which makes the scent quite strong too :) This can also be used in your hair if you're running low on dry shampoo!

Once I've done all of this I usually finish off by doing my clinique 3 step skin care regime and then I'm ready for bed after all of that hard work! :) 

Alex 
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alex!! i just came across your blog and i am lovin it!
    I just followed!
    maybe check out mine and might as well follow? it'd mean a lot to me:): strokesofsunshine.blogspot.com
    bye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much!!! I'll take a look at yours too :) xxx

      Delete