Thank you for taking a look at my blog. If you like it, please follow me :)

Friday 21 June 2013

Ambre nails!!


Now we all know that ambre has been in trend for quite some time, whether it has been ambre hair, clothes or even on items of jewellery but today I learnt how to do ambre nails! Here's my step by step guide. I hope you enjoy this little gem of nail goodness!

You will need:

makeup sponges

you can buy these anywhere, you only need cheap ones, nothing fancy!

white nail polish
This is elf's nail polish in "white" (imaginative I know)

colours of your choice
These are chanel's "coco blue number 551" and topshop's nail varnish in "parma violet."

clear top coat
This is rimmel london's 5 in 1 base and top coat.

and nail varnish remover
I recommend using the nail varnish remover pads. You'll see why later on. These are just cheap ones from prim ark.


step one

Paint your nails white. This will make the colours more opaque later on. Let the white dry completely before you do anything else!
I recommend applying a couple of coats to make sure the white is completely opaque.


step two

Brush on your chosen colours to the square side of the sponge.
Don't be stingey here! keep pasting on that varnish but do it quickly! *stressing*


step three

Push the sponge onto the nail and move it around a little. This will create the ambre effect.
If you wiggle the sponge the ambre effect will be more gradual.
messy huh?


step four

Tidy up the edges around your nail with the nail varnish remover.

step five

Apply a top coat.


Repeat these steps on each nail and you're ready to go!

I also recommend experimenting with different colours.
Here I used three colours!!

From left to right: Topshop "parma violet." Ted baker, this one has no name! sorry *hangs head in shame*, YSL's nail varnish in number 34.

Don't be afraid to go bright!
Rimmel's 60 second nail varnish in "instyle coral" and Topshop's "causing a stir"
Colours that clash a little look even better!
Barry M's Gelly nail varnish in "greenberry" and Barry M's nail textured effect nail varnish in "kingsland road."




















What my hand now looks like! haha
Hope you enjoyed it! Let me know what you think in the comments :)

xxx

11 comments:

  1. wow these are so pretty! love it!

    xoxo Aman

    beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I plan on doing some more nail tutorials soon :) xxx

      Delete
  2. I tried this before and it turned out so bad! but these look brilliant! i love all those colours :)

    Sinead | http://sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me a couple of tries to get it right at first but you'll get it! :) thank you!!! :)

      Xxx

      Delete
    2. They are so nice & I love the colours!!

      Anna xx

      aspreadofnutella.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    3. Thanks Anna! I'll be doing some more nail posts soon so keep an eye out :)

      Xxx

      Delete
  3. love these! My favourite are the red/pink ones :)!

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thank you so much Monica!! :) I took it a look at your blog and it's lovely!!! So I've followwed you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow! Your nails look awesome. Thanks for the guide, it's very helpful :)
    By the way, I love your blog!



    xx Valerie
    http://valeriies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it valerie!! Thank you so much :) xxx

      Delete