Thank you for taking a look at my blog. If you like it, please follow me :)

Tuesday 18 June 2013

Products I couldn't live without (at this moment in time anyway..)

Listed are some of the products that I feel I couldn't live without. Yes, I think I would actually die if it weren't for these products due to sheer shock of seeing my face without them. I say that they are my favourites at this current moment as like most girls, I try new products, fall in and out of love with certain products and then there's just some that I never change. That's what the majority of these products are though, things I rarely or never change. So if you want to take a little peep into my makeup bag keep reading :)

Disclaimer: I am aware that there are an awful lot of products listed here but I can't help it! I'm a makeup addict! I'm sorry :( Also, I do apologise if some items look a little grubby, after all I do actually use them, they're not just for show so that is to be expected.

First of all, my all time favourite moisturiser. I've tried many different brands, types, textures etc etc and every time I come back to this good old faithful, clinique's dramatically different moisturising gel. I don't really know what to say about it if I'm honest, I love it so much I can't even think of any words to describe it. Basically it does its job without leaving you shiny or sticky, just nice soft skin :) The only downside being that it's a little pricey..


The next product I'm going to mention is a MASSIVE cult product, I'll give you a clue, it's a concealer.. Yep, it's the collection 2000 (or collection as they are now known as) lasting perfection concealer. Now I don't really need to go into too much detail about this concealer as most of you have probably already heard every blogger, youtuber and their dog rave about it. All in all it's cheap and cover literally anything! It's amazing. I use it in the shade "light 2" for anyone that might be wondering. (If that's the sort of thing people think about. I don't know)


Another thing I think I would die if I couldn't use it is eyeliner. Now, I have two types of eyeliner that keep me from having a panic attack every morning when I see my naked face. One is a liquid eyeliner that I personally believe doesn't receive enough credit and isn't nearly talked about enough as it should be. Maybelline's "liner express" liquid liner is by far THE best liquid eyeliner I have ever come across. Now, I will be honest, I found this by complete accident in boots one day and I most definitely was drawn to it because of the packaging. (I was looking for a felt tip liner and I thought this was one until I opened it and I liked the look of it so I bought it.) It stays put all day and I like the applicator. It's almost like a felt tip and it's quite thick, which I like as it makes for easy application. (which is does say on the packaging.)





The second eyeliner I am undoubtedly in love with is the Rimmel London "scandal eyes" kohl liner in nude. I know the idea of a nude eyeliner seems weird and probably scary but trust me on this one. I use it in my water line to make my eyes appear more awake, brighter and bigger, because that's what everyone wants to achieve isn't it? I used to use white but I found that sometimes it could look too harsh and one day I came across this little beauty. I'd looked around for one for a while, I'd tried all of the high end brands, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique etc and then one day I stumbled upon this by accident in boots and have never looked back since. :)


"The perfect blusher" is something I am constantly looking for, I keep trying new blushers and have now built up quite a collection of blushers that I don't actually use... However, every time I go on the search for what I hope to be my holy grail product I always find myself reverting back to this little gem. ELF's blusher in "twinkle pink." I've heard that this is supposed to be a dupe for the NARS "orgasm" blush but personally I prefer the ELF one. Not only is it a fraction of the price but I actually prefer the colour. I find orgasm to be a bit TOO glittery for my liking and also a little too peachy toned. Twinkle pink to me, is the perfect amount of both peach and pink tones with a little bit of gold shimmer in it which makes me happy, because let's face it, there isn't a single girl out there that isn't slightly pleased by the sight of a bit of glitter.




Next on my list is a lipstick that I feel not enough people know about. MAC's "modesty" lipstick has to be one of my all time favourites. It's a perfect cross between "angel" (another personal favourite of mine) and "hue." I've found that its that perfect cross between pink and nude with a slight brownish tone to it so it's almost perfect for any occasion! It's also a cremesheen finish so its neither too sparkly or too matte and is quite moisturising! Just like any other MAC lipstick it lasts a fair amount of time and is also slightly pricey but I guess sometimes you just have to accept this if you want something so amazing and perfect.




Another product I'm going to mention is what has become known as the "chocolate bronzer." Bourjois's bronzing powder is my favourite bronzer for contouring. It's almost completely matte and isn't too orange or muddy. I use it in the shade 51. The only problem I find with this bronzer is that unless you use the right brush it can be hard to get it to transfer onto a brush but it smells like chocolate so who cares?!



This is the last product now I promise! MAC's msf in "soft and gentle." I love this msf for highlighting. I've tried the much loved benefit high beam and moon beam, but for me they don't quite do it the way this one does. It's not too gold or pink so I think it would be suitable for most skin tones. It just leaves a slight shimmer so it is even suitable for oily skin types. (like mine) Again the only downside being it's price but as I only use an incredibly small amount each day it seems to last forever! I've had this one since Christmas and I'm sure you'll agree that it doesn't even look like its been used!




Obviously there are a few more products I use everyday but these are just the ones that I seem to stick to and feel they need to receive more credit and be talked about more! I hope this may have given you some pointers or helped you make the dreaded decision of which products to buy! :)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment