Thank you for taking a look at my blog. If you like it, please follow me :)

Monday 12 August 2013

feeling stressed, nervous, excited and trying to be organised at the same time

So this post isn't beauty or anything like that. (sorry) I'm just going to blurt out how I'm feeling at the minute and hopefully it'll benefit some of you lovelies in one way or another :)

Incase you weren't aware I'm leaving for university in exactly 41 days (if you actually weren't aware you can find out more by clicking here) and this gives me a right old jumble of feelings and things.

Firstly I'm excited, it's a new part of my life and I can't wait to be a teacher and everyday I spend a few minutes being excited and then my brain reminds me of stuff I don't want to be reminded of like "ooh what if people don't like me? Why do I have to be a grown up and do things like ironing and cooking tea? Have I bought everything? What if I don't like it and end up leaving again?" *that part should have been read in your most whiney annoying voice* Once I'm finished worrying I then move onto being stressed and think about things like packing etc. If you don't know me then you need to understand when it comes to certain things I like to be VERY organised and packing is one of those things. I like my packing to be neat and tidy and categorised and all that weird stuff. (unlike my room) So the thought of packing my whole life away stresses me out beyond belief. However I have done this once before so I want to share a couple of things with you. (This is also so I can look at these things and remember them when it comes to leaving.)

Solving the scary things... 

1. People WILL like you I promise. I can assure you it's highly unlikely that EVERYONE in your university is going to hate you. 

2. Doing grown up stuff isn't that bad, yeah you won't be perfect at first but neither will anybody else so who really cares if you can't iron or cook to save your life? 

3. If you've forgotten something just get it when you're there. 

4. If you don't like the course that's okay but I'm 99.9% that if you're counting down the days to go you're going to like it. 

5. If you miss home it's okay, everyone is in the same boat. Trust me. 

Solving the stressful things... 

So I think it's safe to say the two most stressful things about going to uni are buying your stuff and packing said stuff so lets follow that theme. 

As far as buying stuff goes I suggest you follow these rules: 

1. go get yourself a piece of paper and a pen NOW 

2. write down stuff you need in order to live day to day life. This means stuff like a duvet and pans etc. 

3. write down stuff you need in order to make life a little easier like pens, pencil pots (you don't want them rolling everywhere) and files. 

4. Go and buy these things. 

Simples. 

Now packing follows some rules too. 

1. Pack the stuff you bought especially for uni. 

2. again, get a piece of paper and a pen NOW 

3. Have a look around your room, what stuff do you already own that you'd like to take with you? Things like Ipod speakers and what not. Write that stuff down like you life depends on it. 

4. Pack the stuff you've written on your list. 

See? not so bad! 

Things people forget that they shouldn't forget but still do anyway... 

First of all when packing you stuff don't pack it on boxes. Pack it in plastic bags. Either buy some bags for life, haud bags for a while or steal the ones your parents have. If you pack your stuff in bags you can fit more in your car boot you see. 

1. Extension leads. There isn't a single student room on this earth that comes with enough plug sockets. These will be your best friends. 

2. Hangers. You need to hang your clothes up! 

3. Phone/laptop/camera chargers etc. How will you use them otherwise?! 

4. Bring stuff to decorate your room so that it feels more like yours rather than an empty room. If you need ideas look at this

Have fun lovelies! Let me know how you're getting on if you're in this same situation or if you have any tips to give people! :) 

Alex 
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment